Broiled Salmon with Cucumber Lemongrass Salsadate: October 26, 2012
Nutrition Information (per serving)
Cucumber Lemongrass Salsa
1 cup diced cucumber
½ Tbsp finely minced fresh lemongrass
½ Tbsp minced fresh ginger
1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
½ Tbsp chopped fresh mint
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
⅛ tsp red chili flakes
½ Tbsp low-sodium tamari sauce
¼ tsp sea salt
4 4-oz salmon fillets
1 cup Mongolian BBQ Sauce
½ cup julienne carrots
¼ cup julienne red bell peppers
¼ cup julienne yellow bell peppers
½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
Pinch sea salt
Pinch freshly ground black pepper
1½ cups Black Coconut Rice
- In a glass baking dish, combine BBQ sauce and salmon and marinate for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Preheat broiler. Discard marinade. Broil salmon fillets 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until fish is cooked through.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients for salsa and mix well. Set aside.
- In a hot wok or sauté pan, stir-fry carrots and bell peppers with olive oil until tender, but still slightly crisp. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve 1 cooked salmon fillet with ⅓ cup Black Coconut Rice, ¼ cup stir-fried vegetables of your choice and top with ¼ cup salsa.