Nutrition Information (per serving)
1 lb flank steak
2 Tbsp chopped scallions
½ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
½ tsp grated fresh ginger
Sauce for Stir-fry
¼ cup low-sodium tamari sauce
1 tsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp diced shallots
2 Tbsp light brown sugar
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
⅓ cup water
¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
¾ tsp minced fresh ginger
1 lb fresh broccoli
1 tsp cornstarch
1⅓ cups cooked brown rice
- Thinly slice flank steak. Combine beef, scallions, black pepper, and ginger in a glass baking dish, cover and marinate overnight.
- In a blender container combine all ingredients for sauce and puree. Set aside.
- Cut broccoli into florets. Blanch broccoli in boiling, lightly salted water until tender. Immediately transfer broccoli to an ice bath to chill.
- Spray wok or large sauté pan with canola oil spray, do not preheat pan. Turn heat to medium-high, add beef and stir-fry until cooked through, only 3 minutes. Add broccoli and stir-fry briefly. Stir cornstarch into sauce and add sauce to stir-fry and cook until thickened about 2 minutes.
- Place ⅓ cup of cooked rice in each of 4 bowls. Evenly divide the beef and broccoli mixture on top of the rice in each bowl.