Nutrition Information (per serving)
1 lb organic hard tofu
1 bunch rapini, trimmed and chopped
3 Tbsp low-sodium tamari sauce
1 Tbsp canola oil
1 tsp turmeric
1 Tbsp minced garlic
¾ cup diced yellow onions
6 10-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- Press tofu between paper towels to remove excess water.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Blanch rapini in the boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and place in ice water in order to stop cooking and keep rapini green. Drain and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, combine tamari, canola oil and turmeric.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, crumble tofu by hand into pan. Add garlic, onions, rapini and tamari mixture. Cook until lightly browned.
- Serve ¾ cup wrapped in a whole-wheat tortilla.