Nutrition Information (per serving)
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
¼ cup finely minced fresh ginger
½ cup diced red onion
¼ cup diced red bell pepper
4 Tbsp Punjabi Chhole Spice Mix
1 cup diced tomatoes
2 (12-oz) cans cooked garbanzo beans, drained
½ cup vegetable stock
½ tsp sea salt
1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
¼ tsp sea salt
1½ cups cooked brown rice
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large saucepot. Add ginger, onions and bell peppers and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add Punjabi spice mix and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and sauté until spices caramelize.
- Add beans and vegetable stock and cook until liquid is absorbed and beans are well cooked. Season with salt and cilantro.
- Combine yogurt and sea salt in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Serve 1 cup bean mixture with ¼ cup yogurt sauce over ⅓ cup brown rice.