Nutrition Information (per serving)
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
⅓ cup diced yellow onions
1 tsp minced garlic cloves
⅔ cup Arborio rice
½ tsp sea salt
1½ cups vegetable stock
1 med fresh zucchini, cut into ¼-inch strips
1 lg Portobello mushrooms, cut into ¼-inch strips
1 cup peeled and sliced eggplant, cut into ¼-inch thick rounds
½ cup sliced red onions
1 red bell pepper, cut in half
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Risotto Cake Seasoning Mix
1 tsp garlic granules
½ tsp dried basil
¼ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 cup Marinara Sauce
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, sauté onions and garlic in olive oil until onions are translucent. Add rice to the pan and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes. Add salt, and begin adding vegetable stock to pan ½ cup at a time, stirring constantly until liquid is absorbed. Continue adding broth ½ cup at a time until all liquid has been absorbed and rice is creamy. Allow rice to cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat griddle or electric skillet to 350F. For each cake, use ⅓ cup of risotto mix, form into a ball, and flatten to ¼-inch thickness. Spray griddle with canola oil spray, and place risotto cakes on griddle until crisp on each side. Place each cake on a baking sheet after grilling.
- Combine all ingredients for Risotto Cake Seasoning Mix.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spread vegetables on a separate baking sheet. Lightly coat vegetables with canola oil spray and dust evenly with 1 teaspoon Risotto Cake Seasoning Mix. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, or until slightly browned. Peel skin off red pepper and slice into strips.
- Evenly divide roasted vegetable mix over each of the 4 risotto cakes. Top each cake with 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese. Dust each cake with a pinch of remaining Risotto Cake Seasoning Mix and bake for 5 to 10 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Ladle ¼ cup of Marinara Sauce on a plate and top with one risotto cake with roasted vegetables.