Nutrition Information (per serving)
1⅓ lb fresh cauliflower
¾ cup all-purpose flour
⅓ cup tapioca starch
1½ Tbsp cane sugar
1½ tsp minced garlic cloves
¾ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
⅓ cup evaporated skim milk
⅓ cup lite coconut milk
¼ cup toasted coconut flakes
3 Tbsp sliced almonds
1½ tsp canola oil
4 tsp sliced, toasted almonds
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with canola oil spray.
- Cut cauliflower into very small florets and steam for 5 to 8 minutes until soft. Cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, tapioca starch, sugar, garlic, salt, pepper, evaporated skim milk, coconut milk, coconut flakes and sliced almonds. Add cauliflower florets and gently toss in mixture.
- Heat a large nonstick sauté pan and spray with canola oil. Using ¼ cup measure, scoop cauliflower mixture onto pan and flatten with a spatula. Sauté fritters until golden brown on each side. Place fritters onto baking sheet and cook in oven for 8 to 10 minutes, until very crisp and there is no moisture in the middle of the cake.
- Serve 3 cauliflower fritters topped with 1 teaspoon of toasted almonds.