Nutrition Information (per serving)
5 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts (approximately 2)
1 tsp minced ginger root
½ tsp minced garlic
¼ cup chopped scallions
Dash Tabasco sauce
1 Tbsp low-sodium tamari sauce
1 tsp chopped, fresh basil
1 tsp chopped, fresh cilantro
1 Tbsp egg white (about half a large white)
24 wonton wrappers
2 tsp canola oil
4 tablespoons Red Chili Dipping Sauce
½ teaspoon dried Thai red chili peppers (increase if you prefer hotter)
½ cup rice vinegar
1 tsp sea salt
2 tsp coriander powder
2 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp cane sugar
- Place chicken, ginger, garlic, scallions, Tabasco, tamari, basil and cilantro in a food processor. Chop until a ball forms. Add egg white and mix until combined.
- Place 1½ teaspoons chicken mixture into the center of each wonton wrapper. Wet edge with water, fold over and press lightly to seal.
- Spray pot stickers with canola oil spray and place in a large, non-stick sauté pan over medium heat. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water. Cover and steam for 5 to 6 minutes, or until internal temperature of wontons reaches 165F. Remove cover from pan and allow water to reduce until gone. Cook pot stickers 1 to 2 more minutes until bottom is browned.
- For Red Chili Dipping Sauce, combine all ingredients and puree in food processor.
- Serve 3 pot stickers with 1 tablespoon Red Chili Dipping Sauce.