Nutrition Information (per serving)
2 qt boiling water
1 lb white fish
6 oz shrimp, shelled and deveined
1 sm red onion, diced
1¼ cups fresh lime juice
2 med avocados, diced
¼ cup chopped cilantro
1 lg cucumber, peeled and diced
1 Tbsp minced jalapeño pepper
2 med tomatoes, peeled and diced
1½ cups tomato juice
2 Tbsp tomato puree
1¼ cups clam juice
1 tsp sea salt
1½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1½ tsp teaspoons cane sugar
8 corn tortillas, cut into thin strips
Olive oil spray
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add fish and boil in water for 10 to 20 seconds. Drain water immediately.
- Place fish, onions and lime juice in a large bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add avocado, cilantro, cucumber, jalapenos, tomatoes, tomato juice, tomato puree, clam juice, salt, pepper and sugar. Mix gently. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Place tortilla strips on a baking sheet. Lightly spray with olive oil.
- Bake for about 5 to 10 minutes, or until crisp. Portion 1½ cups ceviche in a bowl.
- Divide tortilla strips into 8 equal portions. Top ceviche with 1 portion tortilla strips.