Nutrition Information (per serving)
2 tsp butter
⅓ cup diced onions
1⅓ cup peeled and diced carrots
⅓ cup diced celery
1 cup quartered red bliss potatoes
¾ tsp paprika
½ tsp thyme
Pinch black pepper
⅓ cup white wine
1½ tsp tomato paste
1 cup diced tomatoes
1 cup clam juice
¼ cup all-purpose flour
2 cups 2% milk
6 oz chopped shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 oz chopped scallops
1 Tbsp sherry wine
1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onions, carrots and celery. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add potatoes, paprika, thyme, pepper, white wine, tomato paste, tomatoes and clam juice. Bring to a boil. Cover again and reduce heat. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Place flour in a medium bowl. Slowly add milk, blending with a wire whisk. Slowly stream milk mixture into chowder. Continue cooking over medium heat until thickened, about 5 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
- Stir in shrimp, scallops, sherry and parsley. Bring to a simmer—not to a boil—and cook for approximately 2 to 3 minutes, or until seafood is cooked through.