Nutrition Information (per serving)
1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
½ cup chopped fresh leeks, white part only
½ cup diced yellow onions
1 tsp minced garlic
12 oz fresh fennel sprigs
6½ cups low-sodium chicken stock
1 tsp sea salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp cane sugar
1 tsp champagne vinegar
Celery Root Garnish
½ cup finely minced celery root
2 Tbsp minced fresh chives
1 Tbsp champagne vinegar
¼ tsp sea salt
Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, sauté leeks, onion and garlic until onions become translucent. Add fennel and sauté briefly.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until fennel is soft. Remove from heat and puree with a hand held immersion blender or in a blender.
- Stir in salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and champagne vinegar.
- For garnish, in a small bowl combine minced celery root, chives, champagne vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Serve ¾ cup Fennel Soup topped with 1 tablespoon of the Celery Root Garnish.