Nutrition Information (per serving)
2 Tbsp chopped, dried porcini mushrooms
5 cups vegetable stock
1½ tsp unsalted butter
½ cup diced yellow onions
⅛ tsp caraway seeds
1½ tsp sea salt
⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
¾ cup small diced potatoes
1 lg carrot, thinly sliced, half moons
3 Tbsp frozen green peas
6 Tbsp heavy cream
2 or 3 Tbsp minced scallions
- In a large bowl, soak mushrooms in vegetable stock for 15 minutes.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, sauté onions in butter until they are translucent. Add caraway seeds, salt, pepper, mushrooms and vegetable stock and stir to combine. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes and carrots to soup and cook for 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in frozen green peas and heavy cream.
- Serve ¾ cup soup topped with 1 teaspoon of minced scallions.