Nutrition Information (per serving)
1 Tbsp sesame seeds
1¼ tsp cracked black pepper
4 4-oz tuna fillets
1 Tbsp minced shallots
½ Tbsp minced ginger root
½ tsp sesame oil
⅓ cup Vegetable Stock
1½ Tbsp low-sodium tamari sauce
1¼ tsp honey
1½ Tbsp sake
½ Tbsp wasabi powder
¼ tsp cornstarch
1 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp chopped scallions
½ Tbsp chopped lemon grass
¼ Tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Mix sesame seeds and pepper in a small bowl. Spread mixture on a large plate and roll sides of tuna fillets in mixture until coated. Cover and refrigerate.
- Prepare hot coals for grilling or preheat broiler.
- In a small saucepan, sauté shallots and ginger in sesame oil over medium low heat until shallots are translucent. Add vegetable stock, tamari, honey and sake and bring to a quick boil.
- In a small bowl or cup, combine wasabi powder and cornstarch with water to make a paste. Stir mixture into simmering sauce and cook until thickened, about 1 minute. Add scallions, lemon grass and crushed red pepper flakes and mix well. Set aside.
- Grill or broil tuna until cooked through, about 3 to 5 minutes per side. Serve 1 tuna fillet with 2 tablespoons sauce.