Nutrition Information (per serving)
½ cup low-sodium tamari
3 Tbsp chopped shallots
½ cup apple cider
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp maple syrup
½ tsp liquid smoke
2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
4 trout fillets, about 4 ounces each
2 cup sugar snap peas
½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
¼ tsp sea salt
⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 cup Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients for marinade and mix together.
- In shallow pan, pour marinade over trout and let marinate for 3 to 5 hours or overnight.
- Preheat grill.
- In a sauté pan, sauté peas with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove trout from marinade and discard marinade. Grill trout for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Serve each trout fillet with ½ cup sautéed sugar snap peas and ¼ cup Horseradish Mashed Potatoes.