Nutrition Information (per serving)
1 cup low-sodium tamari sauce
¼ cup brown sugar
4 tuna fillets, about 4 ounces each
4 Tbsp black sesame seeds
4 Tbsp white sesame seeds
2 cups julienned bok choy
1½ cups julienned carrot
½ cup julienned red onion
1 cup orange segments
1 cup orange juice
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
½ cup chopped cilantro
½ tsp sea salt
- In a small bowl, add soy sauce and sugar and mix well.
- Place tuna in glass baking dish and pour the tamari marinade over the top. Marinate at least 15 minutes.
- Heat a cast iron or heavy bottomed skillet until hot.
- Coat tuna fillets on all sides with sesame seeds. Cook tuna for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or to desired doneness. Remove and keep warm.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients for Asian slaw and mix.
- Serve one tuna fillet with 1½ cups slaw.