Nutrition Information (per serving)
Dijon Shallot Sauce
2 Tbsp minced shallots
1 tsp unsalted butter
1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
½ cup 2% milk
½ bay leaf
2 Tbsp white wine
½ tsp Dijon mustard
3 med potatoes, washed, peeled and grated, about 1 pound
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
4 4-oz salmon fillets
- In a medium saucepan, sauté shallots in butter over medium-low heat until translucent, about 1 minute. Add flour and mix to form a roux. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly, or until mixture turns light brown.
- Slowly pour in milk and whisk with a wire whip until mixture comes to a boil and thickens. Add bay leaf and wine. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add mustard.
- Place shredded potatoes in colander and rinse several times in cold water until water is clear and starch is removed. Transfer to a large bowl and add lemon juice.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly coat an ovenproof sauté pan with canola oil.
- Pack ½ cup potato on each salmon fillet and sear, potato-side-down, in sauté pan until golden brown. Transfer to oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until salmon flakes easily.
- Serve 1 fillet with 1 tablespoon of sauce.