Nutrition Information (per serving)
Sautéed Spinach with Garlic
1 lb organic spinach
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp minced garlic
1 lb Roma tomatoes
Pinch sea salt
Pinch freshly ground black pepper
4 4-oz sole fillets
¼ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
¼ tsp lemon zest
1 lemon, quartered
4 tsp diced shallots
4 tsp grated parmesan cheese
- Wash spinach thoroughly. In a large sauté pan over medium heat, heat olive oil. Sauté garlic briefly but do not brown. Add spinach and sauté until wilted.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Slice Roma tomatoes in half and place on sprayed baking sheet, sliced side up. Roast for 45 to 50 minutes, or until tomatoes begin to brown and caramelize. Remove from oven and cool slightly. Julienne tomatoes and place them in a colander to drain. Season with 1st amounts salt and pepper.
- Increase oven temperature to 450F.
- In 4 individual crocks, place ½ cup sautéed spinach in the bottom. Top spinach with 1 raw sole fillet and a pinch of salt, pepper and lemon zest and the juice from a quarter of lemon. Place 1 teaspoon diced shallots on top of fish then ¼ of the roasted tomatoes. Finish by sprinkling 1 teaspoon Parmesan over the top.
- Place individual crocks on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 10 minutes, or until sole is cooked through.