Nutrition Information (per serving)
Grilled Asian Pear Salsa
2 med Asian pears, cored and sliced into ½-in planks
4 red onion slices, about ½-in thick
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tsp agave nectar
2 tsp rice vinegar
1 tsp minced lemon zest
1 lb Mahi, cut into 4 equal fillets
1⅓ cups Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Cinnamon Soy Glaze
½ cup water
1 Tbsp low-sodium tamari sauce
½ cinnamon stick
2 tsp agave nectar or honey
1 tsp rice vinegar
- Preheat grill pan.
- Grill pears and onions 2 to 3 minutes, or until grill marks appear. Cool and dice.
- In a small bowl, toss grilled pears, onions and remaining ingredients for Grilled Asian Pear Salsa. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, combine all ingredients for Cinnamon Soy Glaze. Bring to a simmer and cook until mixture is reduced by ¾ and slightly thickened.
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Brush each mahi fillet with a ½ teaspoon Cinnamon Soy Glaze and spray each fillet with canola oil spray. Broil or grill fish until cooked through.
- Drizzle ½ teaspoon Cinnamon Soy Glaze over each mahi fillet and serve with ⅓ cup Mashed Sweet Potatoes and ⅓ cup Grilled Asian Pear Salsa.