Nutrition Information (per serving)
1 cup dry quinoa
3½ cups water
¼ cup carrots, julienne
¼ cup diced red or yellow bell peppers
2 Tbsp diced red onions
2 Tbsp dried currants
2 Tbsp crushed almonds
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp fresh orange juice
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp ground cardamom
¼ tsp sea salt
1 tsp honey
1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp chopped mint
3 oz Belgium endive
- Preheat toaster oven to 375F.
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly. Lightly coat a baking sheet with canola oil spray. Spread quinoa evenly on sheet. Toast for 5 minutes, or until golden.
- In a medium pot over high heat, bring water to a boil and add toasted quinoa. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until all liquid has been absorbed. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together carrots, bell peppers, onions, currants and almonds.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for dressing.
- Add quinoa and dressing to bowl with vegetables, and stir together until well combined.
- Place 3 endive leaves on a plate and top with ½ cup quinoa salad. Repeat for remaining salads.