Nutrition Information (per serving)
Panzanella Salad Dressing
½ cup red wine vinegar
¼ cup water
½ tsp minced garlic
½ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
4 4-oz boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 cup grape tomatoes
¾ cup peeled, diced cucumbers
⅓ cup minced red onions
2 Tbsp chopped Kalamata olives
2 Tbsp capers
½ cup diced red bell peppers
2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
4 slices multi-grain bread
Olive oil spray
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for dressing and set aside.
- Preheat grill or broiler. Grill or broil chicken breast for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Allow to cool and dice.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, olives, capers, peppers and basil. Add diced chicken and toss with dressing.
- Preheat grill. Spray slices of panzanella bread with olive oil on both sides. Grill bread slices until browned. Dice slices of bread and toss in with vegetable and chicken mixture.
- Divide salad into 4 servings and place in salad bowls.