Nutrition Information (per serving)
½ cup onions
1¼ cups white distilled vinegar
2 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp sea salt
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp black peppercorns
½ bay leaf
¾ cup water
½ cup baby carrots
½ cup cauliflower florets
½ cup sliced red bell pepper
1 sm jalapeño pepper, seeded and sliced
4 skinless chicken breast halves, boned and defatted
⅓ cup buttermilk
Pinch freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp sea salt
¼ tsp garlic powder
Pinch celery seed
¼ tsp dry mustard
4 cups romaine lettuce
1 med cucumber, peeled and diced
1 cup cooked corn kernels
- In a large saucepan, combine onions, vinegar, garlic, salt, mustard seeds, peppercorns, bay leaf and water and bring to a boil. Add carrots and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add remaining vegetables. Cool. Transfer to refrigerator and marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Pound chicken breasts to ½ inch thick. Combine buttermilk and pepper in a shallow bowl. Add chicken and marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. In a shallow bowl, combine flour, paprika, salt, garlic powder, celery seed and dry mustard. Mix well. Dredge chicken breasts in seasoned flour and place in hot pan. Sauté over medium heat until golden brown on each side, about 3 to 5 minutes. If necessary, transfer to 400F oven to finish cooking.
- Combine romaine lettuce, cucumber, corn and pickled vegetables.
- Place 2 cups salad mixture on plate. Top with 2 tablespoons Ranch Dressing. Slice 1 chicken breast and arrange over salad.