Nutrition Information (per serving)
1½ cups Chicken Stock
2 Tbsp diced shallots
¼ cup white wine
½ cup crushed fresh or frozen blackberries, strained
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup cornmeal
¾ tsp ground cumin
¾ tsp chili powder
¾ tsp ground coriander
¾ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp salt (optional)
Pinch black pepper
1 lb boneless turkey breast, fat removed
4 tsp butter
- In a small saucepan, bring chicken stock to a boil and reduce by half. Set aside.
- Lightly coat a medium sauté pan with canola oil and sauté shallots until translucent. Add wine and cook until it is almost evaporated.
- Add blackberries and stock. Cook until liquid is reduced by half. Keep warm.
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, cumin, chili powder, coriander, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Slice turkey breasts into 2-ounce portions. Pound with meat mallet between sheets of wax paper until ¼-inch thick.
- Melt butter in a large sauté pan. Dredge turkey medallions in seasoned flour and sauté in butter for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Serve 2 turkey medallions with 2 tablespoons blackberry sauce.