Nutrition Information (per serving)
2 Cornish game hens
1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
2 cloves minced fresh garlic
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp low-sodium tamari sauce
⅓ cup raspberry vinegar
⅓ cup plum wine
2 tsp chopped fresh mint
2 tsp cornstarch
2 tsp water
- Cut thawed hens in half lengthwise and remove skin and wing bone. Place in a large, shallow bowl.
- In a blender container, puree raspberries, garlic oil, sauce, vinegar and wine until smooth. Add fresh mint and mix by hand.
- Pour ½ marinade over hens and marinate covered in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly coat a baking pan with olive oil.
- Place marinated hens in a baking pan, cover and bake for 30 to 40 minutes until golden brown, or until juices run clear when thigh is pierced with a fork.
- Pour remaining marinade through a fine mesh strainer into a small saucepan. In a small bowl or cup, combine cornstarch and water to form a thin paste. Stir into marinade, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Serve 2 tablespoons sauce over each ½ hen.