Nutrition Information (per serving)
Tomato Asparagus Sauce
¼ cup minced red onion
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
2 med tomatoes, diced
4 stalks asparagus, diced
2 tsp white balsamic vinegar
½ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 lg eggs
Pinch sea salt
Pinch freshly ground black pepper
4 skinless chicken breast halves, boned and defatted
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly pound chicken with a meat mallet to ½-inch thickness.
- In a medium sauté pan, sauté shallots in olive oil over medium heat until translucent. Add remaining ingredients for sauce and sauté 5 more minutes. Set aside.
- Lightly coat a large sauté pan with canola oil. Place over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with salt and pepper. Spread Parmesan on a large plate. Dip chicken in egg wash and dredge in Parmesan. Gently place chicken in hot pan and cook over medium-high heat until golden brown, about 1 minute on each side.
- Transfer to a baking pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Serve with ¼ cup sauce.