Nutrition Information (per serving)
4 4-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
½ cup water
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp minced Serrano or jalapeño peppers
¼ tsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
Sundried Tomato Rice
¾ cup water
¼ cup sundried tomatoes
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp diced yellow onion
½ cup Arborio rice
1 cup chicken stock
2 tsp fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
2 med tomatoes
¼ cup diced canned green chili peppers
¼ cup chopped yellow onions
½ tsp sea salt
1½ tsp chopped Serrano or jalapeño pepper
½ cup diced avocado
- In a small saucepan, combine water, salt, peppers and garlic. Bring to a boil to dissolve salt. Cool and stir in lime juice. In a shallow glass baking dish, combine chicken with lime marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Rinse chicken afterwards.
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Grill or broil chicken breast for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165F.
- In a small bowl, reconstitute tomatoes in ¾ cup hot water. Do not discard water.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, sauté onions in olive oil until translucent. Stir in rice. Add su- dried tomatoes and their water, chicken stock and lime juice. Bring to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook about 10 to 15 minutes, or until rice is tender. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
- For salsa, preheat grill or broiler. Grill or broil tomatoes. Allow to cool and dice. In a medium bowl, toss together tomato, green chili peppers, onions, salt, peppers and avocado.
- Serve 1 chicken breast with ¼ cup salsa and ½ cup of Sundried Tomato Rice.