Nutrition Information (per serving)
16 Roma tomatoes, quartered
1 med onion, sliced
6 cloves garlic
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp chili powder
1 tspground cumin
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp water
4 skinless chicken breast halves, boned and defatted
8 sm whole-wheat flour tortillas, about 6-in diameter
8 oz grated cheddar cheese
½ cup diced green chili
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Place tomatoes, onion and garlic on baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes in oven, or until golden brown. Cool. Place in a blender container along with chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper and puree until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine paprika with second cumin and chili powder in a small bowl. Add oil and water and mix to form a paste. Pat spice paste on chicken breasts generously. Grill or broil chicken breasts 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear when pierced with a fork. Cool and slice each breast into 4 long strips.
- Lay tortillas on a flat surface. Place 2 chicken strips, 1 tablespoon cheese and 1 tablespoon green chili on each tortilla. Roll and place in a 9 by 13-inch baking pan. Cover with sauce and top with remaining cheese.
- Reduce oven heat to 350F. Cook enchiladas for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.