Nutrition Information (per serving)
2 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
1 Tbsp minced fresh garlic
2 Tbsp dried coriander
¼ cup fresh lime juice
¼ cup honey
¼ cup vegetable stock
2 Tbsp low-sodium tamari sauce
1 Tbsp peanut oil
2 Tbsp canned, diced green chili peppers
4 skinless chicken breasts, boned and defatted
1¼ cup shredded bok choy
2 cups shredded savoy cabbage
1½ cups thinly sliced carrots
¾ cup thinly sliced red bell peppers
2 Tbsp sliced almonds
2 cups cooked Japanese soba noodles
- Combine ginger, garlic, coriander, lime juice, honey, vegetable stock, tamari, oil and chiles in a blender container and puree until smooth.
- Divide sauce in half. Place chicken in a shallow glass baking dish and pour half of the sauce over the chicken. Cover and place in refrigerator overnight. Refrigerate remaining sauce for the cabbage salad.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large salad bowl, combine bok choy, cabbage, carrots and bell pepper with reserved sauce. Mix well.
- Place marinated chicken in a baking dish and roast in oven 10 to 15 minutes, or until juices run clear when pierced with a fork. Slice each breast into ¼-inch slices.
- Place ½ cup soba noodles and 1 cup cabbage salad on a plate. Top with chicken slices. Garnish each serving with 1½ teaspoons almonds.