Nutrition Information (per serving)
3 Tbsp cane sugar
1½ cups diced yellow onion
2 Tbsp low-sodium tamari sauce
1 tsp sea salt
2 tsp ground ginger
¼ cup ketchup
1 tsp chili powder
½ tsp red chili flakes
2 tsp sambal sauce
¼ cup canola oil
2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cartilage and fat removed
1¼ oz dried porcini mushrooms
½ cup water
3 cups water
½ tsp sea salt
2 tsp cornstarch
⅔ cup water
¾ cup julienne red bell peppers
¾ cup sugar snap peas
¼ tsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 cups cooked brown
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the marinade.
- Cut chicken into large dice. In a glass baking dish, combine marinade and chicken and marinate for 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- In a small bowl, soak porcini mushrooms in first amount of water for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large stock pot over medium high heat. Pour marinated chicken and marinade into the heated pot. Sauté chicken for 5 to 6 minutes. Add soaked porcini mushrooms and their water. Stir and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add second amount of water (3 cups) and salt to chicken mixture and bring to a boil. Cover, lower to a simmer and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until chicken is soft.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and ⅔ cup water. Stir into goulash and cook until slightly thickened.
- In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, sauté red peppers and snap peas in olive oil until tender.
- Serve 1 cup Chicken and Porcini Goulash with ⅓ cup sautéed vegetables and ½ cup brown rice.