Nutrition Information (per serving)
4 4-oz chicken breasts
1 lg egg
3½ Tbsp 2% milk
½ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup bread crumbs
1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
¾ cup marinara sauce
½ cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1½ cups cooked angel hair pasta
2 cups cooked broccolini
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Slice each chicken breast in half to make eight 2-ounce medallions. Pound each medallion lightly with meat mallet until there is an even thickness throughout.
- In a small bowl, beat egg with milk. Dredge chicken medallions in flour, then in egg-milk mixture, then in breadcrumbs.
- In a large sauté pan, sauté chicken medallions in olive oil over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Transfer cooked chicken medallions to a baking dish. Top with marinara sauce and sprinkle cheeses over the top. Place in oven and cook for a few minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve 2 chicken medallions with ⅓ cup cooked pasta and ½ cup cooked broccolini.