Nutrition Information (per serving)
Black Bean and Chipotle Sauce
3 Tbsp diced onion
1½ tsp minced garlic
1 14-oz can black beans
2 tsp chipotle powder
1 cup chicken stock
¼ cup diced tomatoes
½ tsp chopped cilantro
1 tsp sea salt
4 4–oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp chili powder
- In a large saucepan, sauté onions and garlic until translucent.
- Drain and discard the water from the beans.
- Add remaining ingredients for sauce to sautéed onions and over medium heat, slowly simmer until beans are tender, about 10 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat and place in a blender container and puree.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil and chili powder and mix to form a paste. Rub paste over chicken breasts.
- Grill or broil the chicken for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Serve 4 tablespoons of sauce with each chicken breast. Freeze remaining sauce.