Nutrition Information (per serving)
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
⅔ cup minced yellow onions
2 Tbsp minced garlic
10 oz Portobello mushrooms, gills and stems removed
⅔ cup chopped oyster mushrooms
⅔ cup shiitake mushrooms, chopped with stems removed
¼ tsp sea salt
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbsp low-sodium tamari sauce
4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp chili powder
½ cup oat flour
¼ cup roasted, chopped cashews
2 Tbsp brown rice flour
2 tsp parsley
4 sprouted multi-grain rolls
4 pieces lettuce
4 slices tomato
4 slices red onion
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, sauté onions and garlic in olive oil until onions are translucent.
- Add all mushrooms to the sauté pan with onions and garlic and cook to release water and slightly caramelize mushrooms. Add salt, black pepper, tamari, Worcestershire and chili powder. Cook until dry.
- Remove from heat and stir in oat flour, cashews, rice flour and parsley. Immediately pass through grinder with a small dice plate. Form mushroom mixture into 3-ounce patties.
- Grill mushroom burger patty on flattop grill or in 350F electric skillet until slightly brown on each side.
- Serve each burger on multi grain roll with 1 piece lettuce, 1 slice tomato and 1 slice onion.