Nutrition Information (per serving)
1½ lb pasta
¾ cup artichoke hearts
1 leek, white part only
3 Tbsp diced red onions
½ Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ Tbsp minced garlic
¾ cup chopped plum tomatoes
½ Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
½ Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
1½ cups vegetable stock
¼ cup tomato puree
Pinch of sea salt
Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to directions on package.
- Grill artichoke hearts and leeks over medium heat, or under the broiler. Cool slightly and dice. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, sauté red onions in olive oil until browned. Add garlic and cook for 2 more minutes. Add tomatoes, herbs, vegetable stock, and tomato puree. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and let simmer on low heat for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put 2 cups of cooked pasta on each plate. Spoon ½ cup sauce on top of each plate of pasta. Garnish with diced artichoke hearts and leeks.