Nutrition Information (per serving)
½ cup chopped macadamia nuts
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
⅓ cup low-fat cream cheese
1 cup brown sugar
2 lg egg yolks
¾ tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour (5 oz)
⅓ cup whole-wheat flour (2 oz)
¾ tsp baking soda
½ tsp sea salt
¾ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F. Spread nuts on a baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Place ¼ cup nuts in a clean coffee grinder and chop until they begin to stick to the edges.
- Place butter and cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl. Mix with electric mixer on low until combined. Add nut puree and brown sugar. Mix for 1 minute, or until mixture becomes creamy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix briefly on low.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and add to creamed mixture. Mix by hand until all dry ingredients are moistened and dough forms.
- Portion heaping teaspoonfuls (about ¾ ounce) cookie dough onto baking sheet about 1½ inches apart. Bake for 7 minutes. Lightly flatten with finger. Rotate baking sheet and bake an additional 3 to 5 minutes.