Nutrition Information (per serving)
2 egg yolks
¼ cup cane sugar
1 Tbsp Marsala wine
2 Tbsp white chocolate chips
½ vanilla bean, scraped
½ Tbsp gelatin
1 Tbsp water
⅓ cup low-fat cream cheese
2 egg whites
1 Tbsp cane sugar
⅓ cup heavy cream
½ cup brewed coffee
20 lady fingers
Dash cocoa powder
- In a double boiler, combine egg yolk, sugar, wine, chocolate and vanilla bean. Mix well. Heat until thickened, about 8 to 10 minutes. Do not let simmer. Set aside to cool.
- In a small saucepan, combine gelatin and water and let sit for 5 minutes to bloom gelatin. Heat over low to dissolve. Cool and add to egg mixture.
- In a small bowl, whip cream cheese and add to cooled egg mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whip egg white with electric mixer until frothy. Increase speed and gradually add 1 tablespoon sugar. Whip until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Do not over mix.
- Fold egg mixture into egg whites. Gently fold in whipped cream.
- Lay half of lady fingers on bottom of a large bread pan. Brush with coffee. Spread ½ of custard over the top. Soak remaining lady fingers in coffee and layer over custard. Top with remaining cream mixture. Sprinkle with cocoa powder. Place in freezer for at least 2 hours or overnight to set.