Nutrition Information (per serving)
2 cups dried pears, about 8 oz
1½ cups dried figs, about 6 oz
2½ cups water
¼ tsp grated lemon peel
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
½ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground cloves
8 full sheets phyllo pastry
1 Tbsp sugar
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly coat the cups of a 12-cup muffin tin with canola oil spray.
- Slice pears and figs into strips. Place in a medium saucepan with water, lemon peel, vanilla, cinnamon and cloves. Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer until most of the water is absorbed, stirring frequently. Cover and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Using 4 sheets of phyllo, lay one sheet on a work surface (keep remaining sheets covered with a damp towel to prevent drying out). Mist with canola oil spray and sprinkle with a pinch of sugar mixture. Top with another phyllo sheet and repeat process for 2 more layers. Cut into 6 equal squares. Repeat process with 4 more phyllo sheets.
- Arrange squares in muffin tins to form cups. Mist tops with canola oil spray and bake for 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove and let cool on rack.
- Fill each phyllo cup with ⅓ cup warm fig and pear compot