Nutrition Information (per serving)
¼ cup unsalted, cold butter
½ cup cane sugar
10 med plums, pitted and sliced
¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
¼ cup cane sugar
1 lg egg
½ cup all-purpose flour
¼ tsp sea salt
- Cut the cold butter into small cubes and spread evenly on the bottom of a 9-inch oven-proof sauté pan. Evenly spread first amount of sugar over butter. Arrange plums in concentric circles over the butter and sugar, covering the entire pan.
- Place pan on a burner on low heat and continue cooking 20 to 25 minutes, or until butter and sugar melt and form a golden caramel. Remove pan from heat and cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, cream second amount of butter and sugar until white and creamy. Add egg and mix well. Add flour and salt and mix until dough forms. Roll into a ball and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Roll dough into a circle on a lightly floured surface.
- Place dough over the top of plums in the pan, covering completely. Tuck excess dough into the edges of the pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the top is brown. Allow to cool.
- Place the pan on a burner over low heat to loosen plums and crust. Turn the pan upside down on a plate and remove tartin. Slice into 16 slices.