Nutrition Information (per serving)
1½ cups small diced pineapple
2 Tbsp brown sugar
¼ cup unsalted butter
¾ cup cane sugar
¼ cup mashed bananas
1 whole egg
1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
¾ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup whole wheat pastry flour
½ Tbsp baking powder
¼ tsp sea salt
½ cup 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 325F. Lightly coat 12 cups of a muffin tin with canola oil spray or line each cup with cupcake paper.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, combine pineapple and brown sugar and cook until lightly caramelized. Pineapple should still have some moisture to it. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix butter, cane sugar, mashed bananas, egg, vanilla extract, all purpose flour, whole wheat pastry flour, baking powder, salt and milk.
- Evenly divide caramelized pineapple into the bottom of muffin tins. Evenly divide batter on top of the pineapple.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.