Nutrition Information (per serving)
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
4 lg eggs
1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
¾ cup cane sugar
⅓ cup white grape juice
¾ cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup pastry flour
½ cup whole-wheat flour
2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cardamon
1 lb Bartlett pears, peeled and thinly sliced
¼ cup dried currants
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly coat a 9-inch bundt pan with canola oil spray. Dust with all-purpose flour.
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, applesauce, eggs, vanilla extract, sugar and grape juice. Mix until just combined.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flours, baking powder, cinnamon and cardamon.
- Combine wet ingredient with flour mixture, add pears and currants and mix well.
- Pour cake batter into bundt and bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. Slice each cake into 16 slices.