Nutrition Information (per serving)
1¼ cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
1¼ tsp sea salt
4 tsp aluminum free baking powder
3 Tbsp unsalted butter, cubed
⅓ cup low-fat cream cheese
¾ cup buttermilk
2 Tbsp heavy cream
3 Tbsp cane sugar
1½ lb fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
1 tsp orange peel
½ cup heavy cream
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with canola oil spray. In a large mixing bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
- Cut butter and cream cheese into dry ingredients with a pastry cutter. Add buttermilk and mix with a fork until just combined.
- Transfer dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently just until dough forms. Roll out dough to ¾-inch thick. Using a 2½-inch round cutter form 12 biscuits and arrange about 1inch apart on prepared baking sheet. Place biscuits in refrigerator until completely chilled.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Remove biscuits from refrigerator and lightly brush tops with heavy cream and sprinkle with sugar.
- In a large bowl, toss together peaches and orange peel. Evenly divide peaches between 12 8-ounce ramekins. Place 1 biscuit on top of peaches. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until biscuit is golden brown.
- Pour heavy cream into a small bowl and whip with electric mixer on high until stiff peaks form.
- Garnish each cobbler with 1 tablespoon whipped cream.