Nutrition Information (per serving)
⅔ cup egg whites (approx. 6 egg whites)
¼ cup cane sugar
¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
2½ cups diced fresh or frozen peaches
1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
¾ cup raspberry puree (see note)
¾ cup peach puree (see note)
¼ cup caramel sauce
To make peach puree, place ½ pound of sliced fresh or frozen peaches in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly coat cups of a 12-cup muffin pan with canola oil spray.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form, starting at medium speed and gradually increasing to high. Gradually add sugar and vanilla and continue beating on high until stiff peaks form. Divide egg whites evenly into muffin cups.
- Bake for 4 to 6 minutes, or until islands just begin to brown. Do not overcook or islands will deflate.
- In a large bowl, toss peaches and raspberries with raspberry puree.
- Place ¼ cup peach and raspberry mixture on the bottom of a plate. Float island on top of fruit mixture. Drizzle 1 tablespoon peach puree around the plate. Drizzle 1 teaspoon caramel sauce over the top of the island. Repeat with remaining ingredients.