Nutrition Information (per serving)
5 slices whole-wheat bread, cubed
1 cup 2% milk
1 Tbsp half and half
1 Tbsp Kahlua liquor
1½ Tbsp brewed coffee
⅔ cup brown sugar
4 tsp cocoa powder
¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
½ tsp cinnamon
2 whole eggs
1 lg banana
¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Dry wheat bread overnight or toast for 8 minutes in 325F oven to dry.
- In a large bowl, combine milk, half and half, kahlua, coffee, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, cinnamon and eggs. Beat with wire whip until combined.
- Chop banana. Add to milk mixture. Add bread and chocolate chips. Mix briefly to oat bread. Do not overmix.
- Lightly coat 8-inch by 8-inch baking pan with canola oil spray. Pour mixture into pan and place in larger baking pan with enough water to come to the level of the bread pudding in the small pan. Bake for 45 minutes, or until knife comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- Cut into 8 squares. Dust top with powdered sugar.