Nutrition Information (per serving)
¼ cup unsalted butter
¾ cup cane sugar
2 Tbsp water
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 cups fresh cranberries
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp sea salt
¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
¼ cup cane sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
2 lg eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
¾ cup nonfat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly coat a round 10-inch cake pan with canola oil spray.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium high heat, stir first amount of butter, first amount of sugar, water and cinnamon until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil and add cranberries. Continue cooking until cranberries pop open. Pour cranberry mixture into prepared cake pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, using a handheld mixer, beat together second amount of butter, second amount of cane sugar and brown sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and continue beating until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir in vanilla extract and sour cream until well mixed. Pour cake batter over cranberry mixture.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes and invert cake onto a plate. Slice into 16 slices.