Nutrition Information (per serving)
1 lg egg
1 egg yolk
¾ cup heavy cream
½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
4 pasteurized egg whites
1 Tbsp cane sugar
1½ Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Over simmering water, place whole egg and egg yolk in the top of a double boiler. Whisking eggs constantly, heat just to 145F to pasteurize eggs and then remove from heat. Place in a mixing bowl and whisk until cool and stiff .
- Place heavy cream in a separate mixing bowl and whisk until soft peaks form, about 10 minutes.
- Place chocolate chips in a small saucepan and melt over medium heat.
- In another mixing bowl, combine egg whites and sugar and whisk until stiff peaks form. Fold in cocoa powder.
- Add melted chocolate to pasteurized egg mixture and whisk until well incorporated. Fold egg white mixture into chocolate egg mixture and mix well. Whisk heavy cream into mixture, ¼ cup at a time, until all is combined.