Nutrition Information (per serving)
¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter, cold
⅓ cup low-fat cream cheese, cold
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 lg egg yolks
¾ tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
⅓ cup whole-wheat flour
¾ tsp baking soda
½ tsp sea salt
1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips, about 6 oz
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with canola oil spray.
- With an electric mixer on high speed, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar. Turn mixer to low and add egg yolks and vanilla and mix until just combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add to butter mixture and mix by hand until combined.
- Drop rounded heaping teaspoonfuls (or use a ¾-ounce scoop) onto baking sheet about 1½ inches apart.
- Bake for 7 minutes. Lightly flatten cookies with finger. Rotate baking sheet in oven and bake 3 minutes more, or until golden. Cool on baking sheet until cookies are set. Transfer to cooling rack until completely cooled. Store in a tightly sealed container.