Nutrition Information (per serving)
1 cup roasted hazelnuts
¼ cup sugar
1 egg white
6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
⅓ cup evaporated skim milk
3 Tbsp red port wine
½ cup dried tart cherries
10 sheets phyllo dough
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with canola oil spray.
- Place hazelnuts and sugar in food processor and chop until fine. Add egg whites and mix until dough forms. Portion 1 tablespoon dough onto baking sheet about 1-inch apart. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool and set aside.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium bowl. Combine milk and wine in a small saucepan and heat until simmering. Pour milk mixture over chocolate chips and stir to combine. Add cherries and mix well. Place in refrigerator at least 2 hours or until cold.
- Reheat oven to 350F. Lightly coat baking sheet with canola oil spray.
- Cut 1 phyllo sheet in half, then fold to form a square. Place 1 hazelnut cookie in center of phyllo square. Place 1 tablespoon chocolate ganache on top of cookie. Grasp corners of phyllo sheet and bring together over cookie and chocolate to enclose. Gently twist the top 1½ inches of phyllo to form a purse. Place on baking sheet and lightly spray with canola oil. Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.