Nutrition Information (per serving)
Banana Ice Cream
1 Tbsp mashed, ripe banana
¾ cup 2% milk
1½ Tbsp cane sugar
4 (¼-inch) slices fresh pineapple (about 8 oz)
1 Tbsp brown sugar
Pinch ground cinnamon
⅛ tsp ground cardamom
½ cup diced fresh pineapple
1 Tbsp sugar
1½ Tbsp vodka
1 vanilla bean
- For ice cream, mix milk and sugar in a medium bowl until sugar is dissolved. Add banana and mix well. Place in a homemade ice cream freezer and follow directions to freeze the ice cream.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon and cardamom. Place pineapple slices in a glass baking dish, sprinkle with sugar-spice mixture and refrigerate overnight.
- In a separate bowl, combine diced pineapple, sugar, vodka, and vanilla bean and let marinate overnight.
- When ready to serve, grill pineapple slices until caramelized and set aside. Place pineapple-vodka mixture over a double boiler and cook for about 25 minutes, remove from heat and let cool.
- Serve 1 slice caramelized pineapple with 2 tablespoons banana ice cream and 2 tablespoons pineapple-vodka sauce.