Nutrition Information (per serving)
¾ cup orange segments, peel and pits removed
½ cup blueberries
1½ Tbsp cane sugar
1 tsp unflavored gelatin
2 Tbsp cane sugar
½ cup buttermilk
1 lg egg white, about 2 Tbsp
¼ cup heavy cream
- In a medium bowl combine ingredients for compote, mix well and set aside.
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in 2 teaspoons warm water.
- In a small saucepan, combine 1 tablespoon sugar and buttermilk and heat over medium heat just until cane sugar dissolves. Add the dissolved gelatin to mixture and strain into a small bowl. Place small bowl into a larger bowl filled with ice and let mixture set up to the consistency of soft yogurt, about an hour.
- Whisk together egg whites and remaining sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold into gelatin mixture.
- Whip heavy cream until soft peaks form. Fold into gelatin mixture.
- Scoop ¼-cup portions of panna cotta into serving dishes. Spoon ¼ cup fruit compote around each serving of panna cotta.