Nutrition Information (per serving)
Pâte Brisée (Pie Dough)
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp cane sugar
2 Tbsp cold unsalted butter, diced
3 to 6 Tbsp ice water
6 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 lg egg
1 cup egg whites (approximately 8 egg whites)
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
¾ cup brown sugar
¼ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup fresh raspberries
¾ cup fresh blueberries
2 Tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place flour in a medium bowl. Add salt and cane sugar and mix well. Using a pastry cutter, cut butter into pea-size portions into flour. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing gently after each addition. Dough will begin to form a ball when enough water has been added.
- Gather dough with dry hands and form into a ball. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Roll dough into a 12-inch circle. Lightly press into a10-inch tart pan. Cover with parchment paper. Place pie weights or 1 to 2 cups dried beans on top of crust for 15 minutes to prevent crust from bubbling.
- Lower oven temperature to 325F.
- Over medium heat, place butter in a small saucepan and sauté until browned. Watch butter carefully once it starts to bubble, as it can easily burn.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, vanilla extract and ¾ cup brown sugar and mix well. Slowly whisk in flour until fully incorporated. Add berries and stir in browned butter.
- Pour into prepared tart shell. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons brown sugar evenly over top and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Slice tart into 16 slices and serve.