Nutrition Information (per serving)
1 sm egg
⅓ cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp grated orange peel
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp pure almond extract
¼ cup oat flour
½ cup all-purpose flour
¼ tsp baking powder
Pinch sea salt
2 Tbsp chopped hazelnuts
2 Tbsp chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 325F. Lightly coat a cookie sheet with canola oil spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, sugar, orange peel and extracts. In another bowl, combine flours, baking powder, salt and nuts. Add dry mixture to wet mixture and mix well.
- Form into a 6 to 8-inch log and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly. With a serrated knife, slice into ¼-inch cookies while still warm.
- Place slices on cookie sheet close together and bake for 10 to 15 more minutes, or until crispy.