Nutrition Information (per serving)
1 pound organic hard tofu
1 bunch rapini, trimmed and chopped
3 tablespoons low sodium tamari sauce
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 tablespoon minced garlic
3/4 cup diced yellow onions
6 10-inch whole wheat tortillas
- Press tofu between paper towels to remove excess water.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Blanch rapini in the boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Drain and place in ice water in order to stop cooking and keep rapini green. Drain and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, combine tamari, canola oil and turmeric.
- In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, crumble tofu by hand into pan. Add garlic, onions, rapini and tamari mixture. Cook until lightly browned.
- Serve 3/4 cup wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla.