Nutrition Information (per serving)
3 Tbsp unsalted butter
¼ cup chopped shallots
1 tsp minced garlic
6 oz raw shrimp, diced
½ lb cooked plantains
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
¼ tsp fresh thyme
¼ ttsp chopped fresh chives
¼ tsp fresh cilantro
4 lg eggs
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Sauté shallots and garlic in the butter until shallots are tender. Add the shrimp and sauté briefly. Add plantains, salt and pepper and continue cooking for 2 to 3 more minutes. Moisten with a bit of water as needed.
- Add fresh herbs and toss to combine.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Water should be at least five or six inches deep (the deeper the better). When the water boils, add vinegar. Lower the water to a slow simmer. Carefully crack one egg into a teacup or large ladle. Lower the teacup or ladle into the water and pour the egg out as gently as possible. The egg white will coagulate in the water and turn white. Most eggs take between 2 and 3 minutes for the white to cook but leave the yolk runny. Remove the egg at this point with a slotted spoon.
- Evenly divide sauce between 4 bowls and top each serving with 1 poached egg.